Sun Salutation Videos >>
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: Deep Lateral Flow to Lunge
This sun salutation has a blend of backbends before holding Cobra pose for an extended period of time. The standing flow moves through Extended side angle pose as well as a deep opposing version of Warrior 2 pose.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step one leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Inhale forward to the push up position. Adho Mukha Dandasana
8. Inhale into Cobra Pose. Bhujangasana
9. Exhale lower the chest and raise the legs into Locust pose. Salabhasana
Inhale into Cobra Pose deeper and this time looking up.
Hold for some time.
11. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose.
12. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
13. Exhale into Extended Side Angle Pose. Parsvakonasana.
14. Inhale into an Upward Warrior 2 pose. Urdhva Virabhadrasana 2
15. Exhale into Extended Side Angle Pose. Parsvakonasana.
16. Inhale into a open handed lunge version of Warrior 1.
17. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
18. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
19. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
20. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana
more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
This sequence should be performed on the other side in the same order.
Repeat the flow up into Warrior 2 and down a few times to target external obliques. (The fat on the sides of your waist.)