Sun Salutation Videos >>
sun salutation sun salutation tips surya namaskara yoga videos
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: Warrior 2 Bow Down
This yoga flow demonstrates a flow into Warrior 2 pose blended with a standing forward bend. This gives the effect of bowing down after Warrior 2.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step the left leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Inhale forward to the push up position. Adho Mukha Dandasana
7. Exhale down to Eight Limbs Pose. Astangasana or Chaturanga Dandasana
8. Inhale into Cobra Pose. Bhujangasana
9. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
10. Inhale step the right leg forward into a Lunge Pose.
11. Exhale and straighten the right leg to give the hamstrings a little stretch.
12. Inhale into a lunge pose once again.
13. Exhale and also inhale on the transition into Warrior 2 pose opening your body sideways.
14. Exhale back into a one leg forward bend. Parsvottanasana
15. Inhale back into a Lunge Pose.
16. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
17. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
18. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
This sequence should be performed on the other side in the same order.
You can replace the main pose Warrior 2 pose with a number of other standing poses.
See more standing yoga postures.
More about Vinyasa Yoga
Yoga Postures Involved