Sun Salutation Videos >>
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: Side Winding into Warrior 1
Shows a simple lateral Sun Salutation into a standing side stretch then twists into a standing spinal twist before unwinding into Warrior 1.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step one leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Inhale forward to the push up position. Adho Mukha Dandasana
8. Inhale into Cobra Pose. Bhujangasana
9. Exhale lower the chest and raise the legs into Locust pose. Salabhasana
Inhale into Cobra Pose deeper and this time looking up.
11. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose.
12. Inhale forward a little releasing out of Downward Dog pose slightly.
13. Exhale back into One Leg Downward Dog pose. Eka Pada Adho Muka Svanasana
12. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
13. Exhale into Extended Side Angle Pose. Parsvakonasana.
15. Inhale into Reverse Triangle. (You may want to hold the last pose and exhale into this pose. Inhaling into a standing spinal twist is tricky.)
16. Exhale and unwind into Warrior 1 pose.
17. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
18. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
19. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
20. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana
more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
This sequence should be performed on the other side in the same order.
This sequence flows fast. You may want to hold each pose for one full breath.
more about Vinyasa Yoga