Sun Salutation Videos >>
sun salutation sun salutation tips surya namaskara yoga videos
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: Lunge Lateral Flow
Demonstrates flow for hamstring flexibility and also lateral flow from Triangle pose to Warrior 2. This flow is beneficial to hamstring flexibility and quadriceps strength.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step one leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Inhale forward to the push up position. Adho Mukha Dandasana
Exhale down to Eight Limbs Pose. Astangasana or Chaturanga Dandasana
8. Inhale into Cobra Pose. Bhujangasana
9. Exhale lower the chest and raise the legs into Locust pose. Salabhasana
Inhale into Cobra Pose deeper and this time looking up.
11. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose.
12. Inhale forward a little releasing out of Downward Dog pose slightly.
13. Exhale back into One Leg Downward Dog pose. Eka Pada Adho Muka Svanasana
14. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
15. Exhale forward into a one leg standing forward bend. Parsvottanasana (Variation)
16. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose. (Repeat the flow of bending the leading leg with an inhale and straighten with an exhale.)
17. Exhale into Triangle pose.
18. Inhale into Warrior 2 pose.
Exhale into Triangle pose. (Repeat the flow of Warrior 2 with an inhale and Triangle with an exhale.)
19. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
20. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
21. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
22. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana
more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
This sequence should be performed on the other side in the same order.
1. Try Holding Warrior 2 pose for up to 5 breaths.
2. Swap Triangle pose with Extended Side Angle Parsvakonasana to really strengthen the quadriceps.