Sun Salutation Videos >>
sun salutation sun salutation tips surya namaskara yoga videos
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: Warrior 1 Salute
This Sun Salutation has a nice rocking flow into 2 variations of Cobra pose and a back toner (locust pose). It also only blends into Warrior 1 Pose.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step one leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose. Adho Mukha Svanasana
6. Inhale forward to the push up position. Adho Mukha Dandasana
Exhale down to Eight Limbs Pose. Astangasana or Chaturanga Dandasana
8. Inhale into Cobra Pose. Bhujangasana
9. Exhale lower the chest and raise the legs into Locust pose. Salabhasana
Inhale into Cobra Pose deeper and this time looking up.
11. Exhale back into Downward Dog pose.
12. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
13. Exhale into Warrior 1 pose. Virabhadrasana 1
14. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
15. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
16. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
17. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana
more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
This sequence should be performed on the other side in the same order.
Easily add Warrior 2 the second time you repeat this sequence and Warrior 3 the third time. This type of sequencing is called "part to whole" sequencing.
more about Vinyasa Yoga