A good yoga class depends on many things. Here are some things we think are important. If you can find a yoga class with all of them then you have found the right one.
Listen to totally cools yoga music when you practice yoga at home.
1. A good yoga class will challenge you but not to the point of probable injury.
2. A good yoga class will flow. This means yoga postures flow into one and other really well.
3. A good yoga class should have a fun, motivational and caring yoga teacher.
4. A good yoga class will have meditation and breathing as well since they are a very important part of yoga. (It's hard to fit them all in during an hour session.)
5. A good yoga class will have great surroundings. This means a great atmosphere and comfortable decoration.
6. A good yoga class will give individualized help while the yoga class magically continues.
7. A good yoga class will have good music.
8. A good yoga class will have a very experienced teacher. This means better attention and help usually.
9. A good yoga class will set realistic goals for you and encourage you to come back.
10. A good yoga class will be very motivational in a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
If you can find all of these things in a yoga class then buy a package and stick to it. Good yoga classes are hard to find.
See more about beginning yoga and some useful beginner yoga positions.
written by Mark Giubarelli