Sun Salutation Videos >>
All these Sun Salutations were filmed in the west side of Maui. The original clips were shot with 2 cameras and used for the second series sequence of Sun Salutations but I wanted to bring you the sun shot.
Most of these clips are shot into the sun making it hard to see what is going on.
The narration is also left out so that you can appreciate the artistic scenery and calmness these yoga videos bring. It is a wonderful gift to be able to freely sequence in the sun and it is my pleasure to share this gift with you..
Yoga is an art and these videos bring you a grain of sand in the art of sequencing…
Love and blessings
Description: FreeHand Pigeon Bow
This sequence flows into Pigeon pose a common hip stretch in yoga. The variation performed is a bow down with the head and the hands are taken out to the side. You have to be careful with Pigeon pose it can be hard on your knees espesially without the support of the hands. The sequence has a nice blend of poses that follow Pigeon pose.
Sun Salutation Instructions
1. Exhale in the mountain pose. Tadasana
2. Inhale stretch up.
3. Exhale down into a forward bend. Uttanasana
4. Inhale and step one leg back. Lunge Pose
5. Exhale bow down in Pigeon pose and take the hands to the sides. Adho Muka Kapotasana
6. Inhale up to Crescent moon pose. Anjaneyasana
Exhale back to a one leg seated forward bend. JanuSirsasana II
15. Inhale forward into a Lunge Pose.
16. Exhale into a standing forward bend. Uttanasana
17. Inhale into the Chair pose. Utkatasana
18. Exhale into the mountain pose. Tadasana
Repeat the sequence in the same order on the opposite side.
more about Sun Salutations
Vinyasa Yoga Suggestions
Try entering Pigeon pose supported first and holding it as well as many of the other poses in this squence. Then gradually build up to a vinyasa flow with the breath.
more about Vinyasa Yoga